The countdown is nearly over to the first of this summer’s Newport Town AFC / FAI Summer Soccer Schools, which starts on Monday, July 4, with just a few places remaining at www.summersoccerschools.ie
All the playing kits & backpacks have been delivered. 140+ footballs have been pumped. The pitches are in perfect condition. The dressing rooms are ready. The FAI coaches are all set to go. Now we just await the arrival of 140+ excited kids on Monday morning.
Just a few pointers for the week.
* The Camp runs from 10.30am to 3pm from Monday to Friday.
* All kids should bring a healthy packed lunch with plenty of water.
* As the car park is going to be very busy, please co-operate with the stewards when dropping and collecting children in Derryleigh Park.
* The camp is almost fully booked, therefore we can’t guarantee a place for a child that arrives on Monday morning unless they have pre-booked online.
* Lastly, fun, football & friendship is guaranteed and we hope everyone has a great week.
List of items to bring to camp.
* Your booking confirmation (first morning only)
* Full official Sports World FAI Summer Soccer Schools kit, ball, and backpack (you will get this on the first day, so don’t forget it afterwards!)
* Shin guards
* Football boots and runners
* Rain jacket (just in case)
* Sun screen (we ae optimistic)
* Name tag for your bag
* Any medication you may need
Santa Claus took time out of his busy pre-Christmas schedule to pay a visit to our Newport Nippers last Friday evening. He was overheard telling one of his elves that all the Newport boys & girls are on the nice list. Photos of the big man’s visit can be viewed here.
Below are links to some informative short videos that will give coaches, players and parents a very good visual display of the new FAI Player Development Plans for the younger age groups from under 6 to under 12. Everyone involved with under age teams should take a look and familiarise themselves with the changes.
4V4 for U6 & U7 5V5 for U8 & U9 7V7 for U10 & U11 9V9 for U12
As part of the new FAI Player Development Plan, there are no match scores or league tables being recorded for non-competitive games (U11 and under). These games are all about player development and allowing the young players express themselves on the football pitch without being concerned about scorelines and league positions. Other clubs, may show results etc. but as a club, Newport Town AFC will not be displaying any results etc. on our Facebook page or club website.
A link to the FAI’s Player Development Plan is here.
Newport Town A.F.C. will hold its registration night next Monday 17th from 4pm to 8pm in Derryleigh Park. Registration fees for this year are €60 for the first child and €40 thereafter. All the coaches are looking forward to the 2015/16 season.
Regards, NTAFC Committee
In Season 2015/2016, Newport Town AFC will be fielding the following schoolboy/schoolgirl teams. The teams are listed showing the respective years of birth for players.
Under 17 (1999)
Under 16 (2000 & 2001)
Under 13 (2003)
Under 12 (2004)
Under 11 (2005)
Under 10 (2006)
Under 13 (2003 & 2004)
Under 11 (2005 & 2006)
Under 9 (2007)
Under 8 (2008)
Under 7 (2009 & 2010) Continue reading