With the new season just a few short weeks away, membership of NTAFC for the coming season is now open. The membership fees for 2017/2018 remain mostly unchanged from last season. This was a conscious decision by the committee as a reflection on how so many of our players and their families were very generous in supporting our recent fundraising campaign for the new clubhouse.
As an amateur volunteer based football club, we’ve committed to meeting the repayments on a loan in excess of €250,000, bringing the total investment to date of €1.2m in Derryleigh Park. We see this as an investment in our local youth, their future as well as being a valuable resource for our community. Everyone’s support and patronage of the club, helps make our vision a reality.
This coming season, we will have upwards on 400 players playing on over 30 teams from Nippers to the Junior A team. Running a club of this size is a very costly business both on and off the pitch and the membership fee is an integral part of our income.
Membership fees contribute towards the following;
• Registration fees with the various leagues (LDMC, LDSL & NTSFL)
• Repayments on €250,000 loan for new clubhouse.
• Player insurance (every registered player receives comprehensive insurance cover)
• Use of top-class training & playing facilities incl. floodlit astro-turf pitch and 2 grass pitches.
• Full use of new modern clubhouse.
• Access to training and match equipment including balls, jerseys, first aid kits, water bottles, bibs etc.
• Countless hours of training and on matchdays put in by our dedicated coaches and team managers.
• Entry fees to FAI National Cup competitions
• Maintenance and running costs of playing facilities and clubhouse in Derryleigh Park.
• Newport Nippers (U7 – born in 2011 or after) – €40
• U8 to U11 (born in 2007-2010) – €60
• U12 to U16 (born in 2002-2006) – €70
• U17 & U18 (born in 2000-2001) – €70
• Junior A,B & C – €80
• Non-playing member – €5 (voting right at AGM)
There are also family discounts where more than one child is registered with the club.
Registration for our schoolboy & schoolgirl players will commence this coming Friday in the Community Centre at 6pm ahead of the Awards Ceremony, which starts at 7pm. There will be other registration nights in the coming weeks. However we would appreciate if you could please register as early as possible to avoid a last minute rush before league deadlines.
Despite the continued growth in playing numbers and facilities, the number of main committee & sub-committee members has remained very small and with an ever-increasing workload, an increased demand has been placed on their time. Again we would appreciate any offer of assistance from anyone in terms of assisting managers with teams, fundraising, sponsorship (incl jerseys), public relations and facilities maintenance. We would love to hear from you if you have any time, expertise or knowledge that you are prepared to share with us. As a committee, we don’t get everything right all of the time but we work hard and always try and do our very best for your club and our community.
To all our players, coaches, supporters, committee members, volunteers and their families, the upcoming season is momentous in the club’s history with the opening of our new clubhouse on August 27 and a record number of teams and players proudly representing Newport Town AFC. We wish you all the very best of luck and most importantly that you have fun, win, lose or draw.
We extend a sincere thank you for your continued support.
Newport Town AFC Committee