Thanks to everyone who supports the club by buying lotto tickets. If you would like to ensure entry into every draw, simply download and complete the bank standing order form and return it to to any committee member or team manager Standing-Order-Form-2018
Booking is now open for our Sports Direct FAI Summer Soccer Schools. Camp 1 takes place from July 15-19 and Camp 2 runs from August 19-23. Online booking and full details are available at www.summersoccerschools.ie. The camps are for boys & girls aged 6-14 and the cost is just €70 which includes an exclusive playing kit, backpack, football and certificate plus five days of fun-filled coaching from FAI accredited coaches! There is also a family discount available as well as a discount for booking on both camps. Both of last year’s camps were sell-outs so we advise you to book early to guarantee your place. #Summer2019 #SportsDirect #FAI #SummerCamps
Click here to keep up to date on our Last Man Standing Competition.
Membership of NTAFC for the coming 2018/2019 season is now open. Membership runs from August to July. As an amateur volunteer based football club, we’ve committed to meeting the repayments on the clubhouse loan in excess of €250,000, bringing the total investment to date of €1.2m in Derryleigh Park. We see this as an investment in our local youth, their future as well as being a valuable resource for our community. Everyone’s support and patronage of the club, helps make our vision a reality.
This coming season, we will have upwards on 400 players playing on over 30 teams from Nippers to the Junior A team. Running a club of this size is a very costly business both on and off the pitch and the membership fee is an integral part of our income.
Membership / Registration forms for Competitive and non-Competitive age groups can be downloaded at the following links.
• Newport Nippers (U7 – born in 2012 or after) – €40
• U8 to U11 (born in 2008-2011) – €70
• U12 to U16 (born in 2003-2007) – €80
• U17 & U18 (born in 2001-2002) – €80
• Junior A,B & C – €90
• Non-playing member – €5 (voting right at AGM)
There are also family discounts where more than one child is registered with the club.
Membership fees contribute towards the following;
• Player & team registration fees with the various leagues (LDMC, LDSL & NTSFL)
• Repayments on €250,000 loan for new clubhouse.
• Player insurance (every registered player receives comprehensive insurance cover)
• Use of top-class training & playing facilities incl. floodlit astro-turf pitch and 2 grass pitches.
• Full use of new modern clubhouse.
• Access to training and match equipment including balls, jerseys, first aid kits, water bottles, bibs etc.
• Countless hours of training and on matchdays put in by our dedicated coaches and team managers.
• Entry fees to FAI National Cup competitions
• Maintenance and running costs of playing facilities and clubhouse in Derryleigh Park. Continue reading
Newport Town AFC would like to bring the statement below to your attention and to the attention of any participants (Players/Managers/Club Members etc.) to avoid any potential issues arising relating to the use of Social Networking such as Online Forums, Whatsapp, Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, Instagram etc.
• All comments on social networking sites may be considered public comment by the FAI, LDMC, LDSL & NTSFL.
• Any comments which are improper, bring the game into disrepute or are threatening, abusive, indecent or insulting may lead to disciplinary action.
• Comments about match officials which imply bias, attack the officials’ integrity or are overly personal in nature are considered improper
• Comments which include a reference to a person’s ethnic origin, colour, race, nationality, faith, gender, sexual orientation or disability may be considered aggravated and attract a higher disciplinary sanction.
Newport Town AFC would like to make it very clear that they do not have any connection with any Social Media Football Forums and that any comments on such forums are not the views of the club. If club supporters wish to participate in such forums, participants are required to act in the best interest of the game at all times and should be aware that their postings on social networking sites are likely to be subject to public and media scrutiny.
This new feature on our Club website & social media gives our members an opportunity to get to know some of the people in and around our Club. You might know their face but the aim is to get people more familiar with each other at the Club and to see what makes people tick and why they’re involved. As you’ll see, the questions are fairly light-hearted and fun and thanks to everyone who agrees to be interviewed. Check out the One-on-Ones here.
We have had some queries from supporters wondering how they can enter the weekly club lotto on a regular basis. Simply click the following link to the bank standing order mandate and you can download and print the form Standing-Order-Form-2018
Fill in the form and return it to any committee member or team manager or drop it into The Derryleigh Dugout any Saturday morning. You can decide to pay weekly or monthly and you will then never miss a draw and support the club on a regular basis. The Committee thank everyone who enters the lotto draw for their support.
Great news for the club as we have partnered with Pinergy to benefit all our club members and supporters to reduce your energy costs at home and kit out your house with some LED Bulbs and smart technology. Pinergy, the energy innovators are offering Newport Town AFC members a free installation of their Smart Meter and In-Home Display to help you reduce your electricity consumption and save. Pinergy’s unique technology shows how much electricity you’re using at any time so that you can change your habits and reduce your costs. Together with the Pinergy Smart App, you can top up your electricity at any time and compare your usage with others in your area.
For every member/supporter that joins Pinergy to reduce costs, Pinergy will be giving generous contributions to our Club. To sign up to Pinergy and support NTAFC, simply contact our own club member PJ O’Rourke (087 278 8511) or Sandra (087 096 4142). Be sure to tell them NTAFC sent you.