Best of luck to our U18 Girls who welcome Askeaton AFC to Derryleigh Park this Saturday, Nov 10, in the FAI National Cup 1/4 Final. Kick-off is at 2pm and we hope to see a large Newport crowd at the game to get behind the girls. It’s not everyday we are in a National 1/4 Final so please spread the word. C’mon the Town 🔴⚫️#girlpower #magicofthecup
Saturday, October 27 2018 (Clarisford Park)
Scorers: Chelsea King 4 & Kaitlyn Bradshaw
Saturday, October 13 2018 (Derryleigh Park)
Pride of place goes to the U18 girls who advanced to the last 9 of the FAI National Cup at the expense of Regional Utd on Saturday afternoon. It’s a great achievement for the girls to have made it to round 3, where teams from Donegal, Cork, Dublin, Galway & closer to home await them in the draw for the next round.
Saturday, September 29 2018 (Brickfields)
Scorers: Kaitlyn Bradshaw
Sunday, September 23 (Clarisford Park)
Scorers: Ava Shinnors (2), Hazel McMahon (2), Rachel Carey & Kaitlyn Bradshaw
The 2018/2019 season is almost upon us. We are are holding two registration evenings in our Derryleigh Park Clubhouse on Monday 13th and Tuesday 14th August from 7pm to 8.30pm. We would appreciate if parents & players could please attend on one of these nights to register. This is a very busy time of the year for us in preparing for the new season and your co-operation would be greatly appreciated. Click here for full details of our membership fees and the benefits of membership.
Membership of NTAFC for the coming 2018/2019 season is now open. Membership runs from August to July. As an amateur volunteer based football club, we’ve committed to meeting the repayments on the clubhouse loan in excess of €250,000, bringing the total investment to date of €1.2m in Derryleigh Park. We see this as an investment in our local youth, their future as well as being a valuable resource for our community. Everyone’s support and patronage of the club, helps make our vision a reality.
This coming season, we will have upwards on 400 players playing on over 30 teams from Nippers to the Junior A team. Running a club of this size is a very costly business both on and off the pitch and the membership fee is an integral part of our income.
Membership / Registration forms for Competitive and non-Competitive age groups can be downloaded at the following links.
• Newport Nippers (U7 – born in 2012 or after) – €40
• U8 to U11 (born in 2008-2011) – €70
• U12 to U16 (born in 2003-2007) – €80
• U17 & U18 (born in 2001-2002) – €80
• Junior A,B & C – €90
• Non-playing member – €5 (voting right at AGM)
There are also family discounts where more than one child is registered with the club.
Membership fees contribute towards the following;
• Player & team registration fees with the various leagues (LDMC, LDSL & NTSFL)
• Repayments on €250,000 loan for new clubhouse.
• Player insurance (every registered player receives comprehensive insurance cover)
• Use of top-class training & playing facilities incl. floodlit astro-turf pitch and 2 grass pitches.
• Full use of new modern clubhouse.
• Access to training and match equipment including balls, jerseys, first aid kits, water bottles, bibs etc.
• Countless hours of training and on matchdays put in by our dedicated coaches and team managers.
• Entry fees to FAI National Cup competitions
• Maintenance and running costs of playing facilities and clubhouse in Derryleigh Park. Continue reading