With the new season just a few short weeks away, membership of NTAFC for the coming season is now open. The membership fees for 2017/2018 remain mostly unchanged from last season. This was a conscious decision by the committee as a reflection on how so many of our players and their families were very generous in supporting our recent fundraising campaign for the new clubhouse.
As an amateur volunteer based football club, we’ve committed to meeting the repayments on a loan in excess of €250,000, bringing the total investment to date of €1.2m in Derryleigh Park. We see this as an investment in our local youth, their future as well as being a valuable resource for our community. Everyone’s support and patronage of the club, helps make our vision a reality.
This coming season, we will have upwards on 400 players playing on over 30 teams from Nippers to the Junior A team. Running a club of this size is a very costly business both on and off the pitch and the membership fee is an integral part of our income.
Membership fees contribute towards the following;
• Registration fees with the various leagues (LDMC, LDSL & NTSFL)
• Repayments on €250,000 loan for new clubhouse.
• Player insurance (every registered player receives comprehensive insurance cover)
• Use of top-class training & playing facilities incl. floodlit astro-turf pitch and 2 grass pitches.
• Full use of new modern clubhouse.
• Access to training and match equipment including balls, jerseys, first aid kits, water bottles, bibs etc.
• Countless hours of training and on matchdays put in by our dedicated coaches and team managers.
• Entry fees to FAI National Cup competitions
• Maintenance and running costs of playing facilities and clubhouse in Derryleigh Park.
• Newport Nippers (U7 – born in 2011 or after) – €40
• U8 to U11 (born in 2007-2010) – €60
• U12 to U16 (born in 2002-2006) – €70
• U17 & U18 (born in 2000-2001) – €70
• Junior A,B & C – €80
• Non-playing member – €5 (voting right at AGM) Continue reading